Be a Friend
April 27, 1992
Mark S. Bernthal
Be a Friend is the sixteenth episode from Season 1 of Barney & Friends.
Barney finds Tosha, a new girl at school, lonely and without friends. He introduces her to Michael, Derek, Julie and Kathy. Together, they learn why doing things with friends is much more fun than being alone. At the same time, Derek and Michael must learn the true meaning of friendship and sharing when they cannot agree on who should get possession of a picture they made together. In the end, they give their picture to Tosha as a gift.
Educational Theme: Making New Friendships
Stories: The Lion and the Mouse
1. Barney Theme Song
2. Look Through the Window
3. The More We Get Together
4. Mister Knickerbocker
5. Take Me Out to the Ball Game
7. John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt
8. Oh Where Has My Teddy Bear Gone
9. Three Bears Rap
10. BINGO (Reprise)
11. Friendship Song
12. I Love You
- Barney (Body: David Joyner, Voice: Bob West)
- Derek (Rickey Carter)
- Kathy (Lauren King)
- Michael (Brian Eppes)
- Tosha (Hope Cervantes; debut)
- This episode marks Tosha's first appearance on the show.
- The last picture in the credits for this episode is also the last picture for the Season 2 and 3 credits.
- This also the first episode where the Barney Theme Song had an scene change near the end of the song, where Barney hugs everyone when they meet him in Happy Birthday Barney to an scene from A World of Music.
- This group (Tosha, Michael, Derek, Julie, and Kathy) also appeared in Doctor Barney is Here!
- Julie appears in the beginning of this episode. She is seen pushing a handicapped child in a wheelchair.
- The Barney doll holds the picture of the kids he took with his camera at the end of the episode.
- Tosha is the second character feeling sad who doesn't have any friends. The first was Derek in his debut.