Sid the Science Kid is an American half-hour CGI animated series that aired on PBS Kids from September 1, 2008 to March 25, 2013, with a total 68 hal-hour episodes produced over two season. The computter generated show is produced by the Jim Henson Company and then-PBS member KCET in Los Angeles, California and using the Henson Digital Puppetry Studio.
The show is about a little boy who loves science and is excited about learning. Each day he discovers something new at school and comes up with invention ideas at night.
- Drew Massey as Sid
- Julianne Buescher as May / Rose
- Victor Yerrid as Gerald / Mort
- Alice Dinnean-Vernon as Gabriela / Alice
- Donna Kimball as Susie / Zeke
- America Ferrera as Dr. Rosalinda Cordova
The show got it's own movie called Sid the Science Kid: the Movie in 2012.
- The working title for the show was "What's the Big Idea?"
- Sid's original name was Josh during production.
- The show was animated using motion capture, a method that allows voice actors to voice the characters in real time.